Why Is My ADT Camera Offline?
Here are the main reasons for your ADT pulse camera offline:
1. Weak or lost Wi-Fi signal
A weak or lost Wi-Fi signal is the most typical cause that can interrupt the normal functioning of your ADT camera. As you know, ADT pulse cameras depend upon Wi-Fi signals to connect to the gateway. Therefore, if this connection gets lost, your camera will simply get offline and stop working.
Moreover, these signals may get lost due to disturbances at your or the controller’s end. So, it’s pretty necessary to check and resolve it wherever necessary.
Also, changing the position of your camera or gateway can cause such a condition. Placing them in the correct position with full power and support can help you prevent this mishap from happening.
If a weak or lost Wi-Fi signal is causing your ADT camera to stop working, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, ensure that your ADT gateway is on and working correctly.
- The next step is to check that the LEDs of your gateways have normal functioning as well.
- Further, check whether your camera LEDs are on or not. If not, then switch them on.
- Now, try switching off and turning on your gateway and the Wi-Fi. This will refresh both the systems and enable them to work efficiently.
- Lastly, verify that your camera is online in the App (android/apple) on your phone.
Also Read: How to reset ADT alarm system
2. Lost Power Supply
Sudden power loss can disrupt the whole functioning of your ADT camera within no time. All you need to do is ensure that the communication between the ADT pulse app and the camera remains constant at any cost.
Moreover, you may even receive a warning message on your phone indicating that your ADT camera is offline and needs an urgent resolution of the problem to work smoothly.
To solve such a problem, all you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- The first step is to ensure that your camera has a proper connection to the power supply with no interruption between them.
- Next, check the connection between the camera’s outlet with the power adapter.
- Further, confirm that the camera’s LEDs are on as well.
- Also, make sure there isn’t any problem with the circuit breaker, and it’s working smoothly and is not disconnected.
Also Read: How to change batteries on ADT panel
Tips To Avoid Your ADT Camera From Turning Off:
- Moving your ADT and camera close to each other can help you avoid such a mishap. Moreover, you can try this step when your camera turns off unexpectedly to resolve it within just a few minutes.
- Try power cycling your gateway and camera to refresh it and enable it to function effectively whenever it needs some boost up.
- Try disconnecting and then connecting your internet on your smartphone to revive its normal functioning and avoid any interruption in between them.
However, if, after trying all the possible solutions, you’re still unable to resolve such a problem, then you should definitely contact the ADT support system. You may even visit the ADT website for further guidance as well.
- Why is my ADT alarm beeping
- How to get out of ADT contract
- What does the ADT yellow triangle mean
- What causes FC on ADT alarm
- How to fix ADT code 103
- How to put ADT system in test mode
ADT cameras work really well for both indoor and outdoor security purposes. However, their functioning may get altered due to some minor problems, and they may appear offline on your smartphones.
To tackle such a condition, we have mentioned the most common causes behind adt camera offline, along with the necessary solutions and tips to help you control such a condition without worrying at all.