Patterns of white light on your Ring doorbell
There are five patterns for the white light on your Ring doorbell, each indicating a certain problem. These problems concerning your Ring device or Wi-Fi must be fixed to avoid uncertain circumstances.
Here are the patterns of white light on your Ring doorbell:
- The white blinking light on Top: This indicates an issue with your Wi-Fi password. So, update it on your Ring app to fix it.
- The white blinking light on the Left: This indicates that you have a setup problem due to a connection error unrelated to Wi-Fi. To fix it, troubleshoot your Wi-Fi router.
- The white blinking light on the Right: This indicates that you have a connection error during the setup due to a weak Wi-Fi signal. So, bring your Ring closer to your Wi-Fi device or connect the Ring Chime Pro device to improve your Wi-Fi signal strength.
- White flashing light within the entire circle: This indicates that there isn’t any problem with your Ring. However, your device is updating its firmware which will take a few minutes to return to normal.
- White spinning light: This indicates that your Ring doorbell has inaccurate Wi-Fi setup Settings. Ring has no Wi-Fi credentials stored in such a case, so you need to reset your Ring to fix it.
Ring doorbell blinking white light most commonly indicates lost connection or insufficient power. However, there may be some other issues as well.
Here are the causes for your Ring doorbell blinking white light:
- Incorrect or Changed Wi-Fi password
- Power surge
- Low power
- Poor internet signals
- Low battery
How to fix Ring doorbell flashing white light?
To fix your Ring doorbell white light, it’s essential to rule out the cause first. If the main culprit is a low battery or poor Wi-Fi connection, fix it accordingly. However, resetting your device will work best for you if you cannot locate the main problem.
Here are the ways to fix the Ring doorbell flashing white light:
1. Fixing the Network issue in the App
If you have a Wi-Fi network issue, the Ring app will predominantly display it as an error. In this way, you’ll get to know the main culprit. So, the first step to fix the network issue is to head to the Ring app to see if your device is offline. If so, follow the steps to fix it.
Here are the steps to see your Network’s status:
- Firstly, head to the Ring app.
- Next, tap on Reconnect This Device. This will start the Ring app troubleshooter to restore your Wi-Fi connection.
- If it shows Ring Doorbell Offline- Reconnect Device, your Ring has an offline status.
There are two ways to fix Network issues concerning the main problem.
- If your Ring device has lost connection due to a changed password, fix it by following the directions to reset the password shown in the Ring app.
- If your device has developed an issue with the Wi-Fi network settings, follow the Network setup process on your Ring doorbell to fix this problem.
2. Enter the Ring Setup Mode
You can reconnect your Ring device to the Wi-Fi by entering the Ring setup mode. This will fix up the Wi-Fi network issues in no time.
Here are the steps to enter the Ring Setup mode:
- Firstly, use a regular screwdriver, if not available, a Torx screwdriver, to remove the security screw from the bottom of your Ring doorbell.
- Next, pull the faceplate off the doorbell to reveal the setup button.
- Once done, press the Setup button at the side of your Ring doorbell Pro. This will connect your Ring device to the Wi-Fi network in 10 minutes.
3. Reset your Ring device
Resetting your Ring device is a quick reboot that refreshes your system, eliminating all the errors and glitches in just a few minutes.
Here are the steps to reset your Ring device:
- Press and hold the orange button on the Ring device for 20 seconds.
- You’ll then see a flashing light indicating your device is restarting.
- Note that if you have Ring Doorbell Pro, press the setup button for 15 seconds and then wait another 30 seconds for your system to restart the setup process.
- Furthermore, if your device still doesn’t go to the setup mode, turn the system off for some time, almost 10 or 15, or maybe 30 minutes, and then restart it to see if it works well. Note here the waiting time may be a factor that may help you fix your device.
4. Contact the customer care support
Lastly, if none of the above fixes help you, feel free to contact the customer care team for further assistance. They’ll guide you in every best way possible. Moreover, they may even visit your place to fix your device quickly. So, contact them for efficient guidance and help.
Your Ring doorbell may flash white light in five different ways. Each of which indicates particular circumstances for your Ring device. In any way, you need to rule out the main cause and fix it before it affects your system or its function in any way.
Walk through this blog for a detailed review of what each type of white flashing light on a doorbell means and how you can fix them using the simplest steps.