How to connect Simplisafe with Homekit?
To connect your SimpliSafe security system with Homekit, you need to have a Homebridge that connects the two systems. The most optimal thing about it is that it’s free software, and you just need to download it from the App Store rather than going out and purchasing it.
Here are the steps to connect Simplisafe with Homekit:
- Firstly, download and install the Homebridge software from its website or head to the Appstore or Playstore.
- You may even opt for the Homebridge Hub, a hardware device that enables you to operate and connect both devices through the network. Note that the latter option is easier and more convenient.
- Now head to the Homebridge dashboard on your computer.
- Next, click on the option Plugins.
- After that, search for the Simplisafe device you want to configure. This will add up the Plugin for the particular Simplisafe device you wish to install.
- Now click the option Install on the Plugin once the search result matches your device.
- You will see the installation process run, which will take a few minutes to complete. You may assign a unique name to the setup.
- Soon after, you’ll see many different configuration settings and options on your screen depending on your specific Simplisafe device. Restart the Homebridge by clicking the Restart button at the right corner on the top of your screen.
- After connecting your Simplisafe device, it’s time to configure the Homekit Automation Settings, so head to the Homekit App.
- Now, find the accessory to set up within your Homebridge, such as automation to arm or disarm your system, control locks, turn on and off the lights, open the door, and much more.
Another way to enable your Simplisafe to connect to the Homekit is through the HOOBS. So, after installing the Homebridge or Homebridge Hub, connect the HOOBS to the network, which will automatically connect the Homekit to your device. It will even connect you to a server app.
Here are the steps to connect Simplisafe to the Homekit through HOOBS:
- Firstly, connect your network to the HOOBS.
- Next, create your account on HOOBS.
- Now install the SimpliSafe app on your device.
- Enter the device’s name, username, and password to set up the configuration.
- Lastly, type in your username and password on the public configuration page.
1. Can you control Simplisafe from your phone?
Yes, you can control Simplisafe from your phone without paying for any pro-monitoring plan to do it for you. Therefore, using the app, you can easily arm or disarm your Simplisafe system remotely.
2. Can Simplisafe work with iOS?
Yes, SimpliSafe work with iOS. You just need to download the SimpliSafe security alarm app from the App Store on your iPhone.
3. Can Simplisafe app with Apple watch?
Yes, the SimpliSafe app can work with the Apple Watch. So, just install the app on your Apple watch. However, note that it’s not a free app, and you need to pay for it. It is only 83 cents per day which won’t cost much, so download it and monitor all your alarm systems without any hurdles.
4. Can you watch the Simplisafe camera on your iPhone?
Yes, you can view and capture live videos through the Simplisafe camera on your iPhone. You can do so by using the Simplisafe Home security Iphone and Ipad apps that may let you control all your SimpliSafe security systems anywhere in the world. So, you may quickly arm, disarm, or keep track of everything in no time.
As the final thoughts, SimpliSafe can efficiently work with Homekit. However, you may need a third-party system for it, such as the Homebridge software or the Homebridge Hub, which is the hardware. After installing the Homebridge, you may connect the Simplisafe directly on your computer or through the HOOBS.
For further details, delve into this blog for a clear insight into the steps to connect your SimpliSafe security system with the Homekit. Also, we have responded to some of the most frequently asked questions to clarify your confusion.