How to connect Ring doorbell to Google Nest Hub?
To connect your Ring doorbell to the Google Nest hub, you must first download the Google Home app, Nest app, and Ring doorbell app from the Apple App or the Google Play Store. Below are the steps to connect the Ring doorbell to the Google Nest hub:
- The first step is to go to the Google Home Assistant Page and tap on Ring device. This page will also enable you to choose your Google Home and link it with your Ring account.
- The next step is to sign in to Google Assistant. If you have multiple accounts, sign in with the one you use in your Google Home.
- After signing in to your account, the next step is to select the Google Home device you want to pair with the Ring app. To do so, tap on Send to Device after signing in to your account. Soon a menu will appear to let you select the type of Google Home app device you want to connect with Ring.
- The next step is connecting your Ring device to the Google Home. This is possible when you enable the permission to do so. Note that soon after selecting your device, you’ll receive a notification in the Google Assistant App asking for approval on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on Yes to confirm it.
- To sign into your Ring account, enter your Ring account details. While doing so, your device may even ask for a two-factor authentication code which would be sent to the phone number you have linked with your Ring device. Enter your credentials and the code again, and tap on Sign in.
- Lastly, allow the Google Home to access Ring by clicking the orange Authorize button.
Sometimes, you may not see the Send to Device option. Don’t panic; simply ignore it and follow the next step. In addition, choose only one device you want to use with your Ring. No matter if you have ample Google Home devices available, only the one registered with Google Home will only work.
Furthermore, if you don’t have the Send to Device button, you must head to the web browser to link your Ring account. The Google Home Assistant page will show a button with a blue link. Follow that link. Also, enable the permission to connect Ring and Google by selecting the link to go on.
You may even check if the whole process went well by going back to the Ring web page in Google Assistant and reloading the page. You’ll now see a blue text at the upper right corner that says unlink. If it’s present, all went well, and your Ring device and Google Home are connected.
Moreover, note that to unlink them, simply click on the Unlink text.
Limitations of Using a Ring Doorbell with Google Nest Hub
There are certain limitations associated with linking Ring Doorbell and Google Nest Hub. There are certain features you may not be able to use, which may often irritate some people. These features include Video casting and Viewing live video feeds.
Casting a video on a TV from a smartphone may face several issues due to this setup. However, you may link your smart device with Google and Ring accounts. Depending upon your convenience, you may even connect a small TV for this purpose.
Similarly, viewing live videos from your Ring doorbell is nearly impossible if you have connected it to Google Nest. So, if you want 24/7 video monitoring, this setup would not be an option.
Does Ring Doorbell work with Google Home?
Yes, Ring can work with Google Home. However, you won’t be able to utilize all the features available, including the live video feed, motion detection, two-way talk, and push notifications.
In conclusion, Ring doorbells can work with Google Nest Hub; however, with some limitations in the functionality. You may be unable to use a few features, which may be frustrating for some people. These features include live video streaming, motion detection, two-way talk, and more.
However, if this isn’t an issue, you may build up this setup by following the most straightforward steps. So, what are you waiting for? Read this guide to learn how to connect Ring with Google Nest. We have also discussed the limitations associated with this.