How to put ADT system in test mode?
Testing your ADT panel is pretty crucial to ensure it works properly. Also, it has a keen communication setup with the main ADT monitoring center all the time.
Here are the steps to put ADT system in test mode:
- Firstly, go to the website MyADT.com
- Then click on the option My Alarm present on the dashboard.
- Now, click on the System Management icon present on the Menu bar.
- Lastly, click on the Start Test option to activate the ADT test mode.
This testing mode will simply allow you to run a system test without any false alert or alarm that can disturb everyone around. Moreover, you may also call the ADT service team to set this testing mode for you if you have any sort of issue regarding it. Also, you may simply download the My ADT app (android/apple) on your mobile phone or tablet for a much more effective test run.
Next, you need to check whether your system is working well or not by triggering contacts as soon someone invades the secret place where the alarm is set. For that, you need to follow the steps below simply:
- Simply go outside for almost 5 minutes from your home. Come back in and act as if you’re the burglar and entered inside to rob.
- Next, invade the area to see whether your system worked or not.
- After triggering the monitored sensors such as the windows and doors, the alarm will considerably trigger for a good 60 seconds. This will send signals to the ADT system.
- The best thing about this testing is that it will not let the authorities or the ADT team contact you. This will create no unnecessary chaos as your panel would be in the testing mode.
After testing the ADT panel system, you now need to disarm the alarm. To do so, simply enter your code and then #1. After that, press the off-key to turn it off. You may also use the ADT pulse app to do this step.
Also Read: Why is my ADT pulse camera offline
Further, now you need to check whether your alarm test worked well or not. This step is pretty necessary. Otherwise, your test will go in vain. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, head to the website MyADT.com.
- Now, click on the overview option.
- Then, go to the alarm activity.
- This will show you all the latest activities run on your alarm. Check the testing mode you set up present on it. If it’s not present there, you clearly need to contact the ADT service team for further assistance.
Lastly, you need to finish the alarm test by turning the testing mode off. If you skip this step, your system will continue running the test mode, and there may be several security threats on your side. However, you may set a specific time for the test to expire. This will automatically finish the testing mode at the time allocated.
Point to remember:
Remember to test your ADT system regularly to avoid any mishap in the future. This test will ensure that your panel system works absolutely fine without any hurdle.
Moreover, the best thing about this ADT test mode is that you don’t need to contact the ADT service team to do this test for you. You can do this simply by yourself anytime you want, which will surely save your time.
However, if you ever face any problem following the steps discussed above, feel free to contact the help service team for their professional guidance and support.
- How to fix ADT code 103
- What causes FC on ADT alarm
- What does the ADT yellow triangle mean
- How to get out of ADT contract
ADT test system is pretty easy to set up. It enables a testing mechanism to check whether your ADT panel is working well or not. Contact the helping team to repair your ADT alarm system if you see a negative test. This will indeed protect you from any uncertain mishap.
Considering this, we have discussed a step-by-step guide to help you learn how to put the ADT alarm in test mode. All the steps are straightforward to follow and wouldn’t require much of your time and energy.