How to disable ADT alarm system without code?
ADT alarm system has some triggering conditions that may turn it on, making it ring. Therefore, it’s necessary to be aware of all the triggers that may prevent such a condition. In addition, there are some digital sensors on the doors and windows that may break off by an intruder.
Here are the steps to disable your ADT alarm system without code:
- The first step is to unplug the transformer box of your ADT alarm and remove its battery. This transformer box is usually present in the basement or closet near the main switch box or circuit breaker.
- Now, locate the fuse or switch box beforehand to get this process done at the earliest time. Moreover, note that removing the battery is very important. Just unplugging will not help you in this step.
- Next, you need to open up the main circuit breaker of your home locate the switch supplying electrical current to your ADT alarm. This circuit breaker box is usually inside near your alarm’s transformer box. Carefully follow the wire leading the way to the switch.
- Lastly, turn off the switch, and your alarm will turn within a heartbeat.
These steps are pretty simple and easy to follow. The best thing is it doesn’t require much of your time and energy. However, it’s better to know the location of the transformer box and circuit breaker box priorly. Otherwise, it will create further chaos and disturbances.
- How to Change ADT Alarm Code
- How to Connect Alexa to ADT Control
- How to fix the ADT camera not recording
- Can I use ADT cameras without service
- How to fix the ADT doorbell flashing red light
Your ADT alarm may often turn on accidentally by the triggers. In this case, you may turn it off yourself without the help of the authorities to avoid any chaos in the neighborhood.
This article provides a step-by-step guide to disabling your ADT alarm system yourself most easily and simply. So, follow the steps discussed above to turn it off without any security code you might have lost or forgotten.