It is not a very common thing to reset Viper Alarm, but if you are having issues with your alarm system or you have lost the key fob for Viper Alarm, there are some troubleshooting steps that can help. If you try them all and still cannot get your car alarm to work properly, it may be time to contact an automotive repair shop for assistance. If this sounds like what you need, then keep reading! I will go over how to reset Viper Alarm in some easy steps below.
What is a Viper Alarm System?
The Viper car alarm is a great security system that works by using sensors to detect any motion near the vehicle. It protects your car from crimes, and it lets you start the car from far away. It uses advanced technology. Vehicle owners can enjoy the security of this when it is installed. It stops thieves and people who don’t have permission to use the vehicle.
How does a viper alarm works?
Before we go into resetting the viper alarm, we need to know how a Viper Alarm works. Viper is an automotive security system installed in numerous vehicles such as Audi, Acura, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan, Honda Accord…
It works with the help of a radio frequency that disables the vehicle’s engine when it is not in use. The Viper Alarm mainly comes with two models – one that has just an alarm function while the other has an antitheft system.
The alarm helps in protecting the vehicle when it is parked or sleeping. It works by creating a muting effect so that other people cannot hear whether the car is moving or not. This keeps your car protected from theft.
Benefits of Viper Alarm
- Protects against theft. Prevents entry into the vehicle by muting or inhibiting sound from exiting or entering into the car. Some models might even restrict the opening of windows or doors so that entry is not possible.
- Helps in setting off an alarm if someone touches the vehicle. This protects your car from damage and keeps it secure.
- Some models of Viper Alarm also provide you with protection from collision and allow you to track the vehicle in case it gets stolen. It works by letting you know how far your car is from you via a remote tracking device or a mobile app.
- It provides an additional security lock which makes the car more secure and theft-proof.
- Provides you with an alert if your car battery is drained.
Why do you need to reset the viper alarm?
You can reset Viper Alarm for one of the following reasons:
- If you lose your remote while the alarm is still turned on, you cannot start your car, and you have to turn off the alarm before starting it.
- When the car alarm is activated, you need to turn it off.
- If the alarm goes off and you cannot find the remote, or if the remote doesn’t work, your only option is to reset the alarm.
How to reset a viper car alarm?
The reasons above are why you should reset viper alarm. Below are the steps for how to reset a viper car alarm.
- Unlock the door using the key. Open the door and sit in your seat.
- Do not close the driver’s door. Leave it open.
- Put your car key into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position.
- Remember, do not start your car.
- Please find the button on your car that will make it chirp. You can sometimes find this by looking for a “valet button” in your vehicle. Press and hold the button until your car beeps, then release.
- Press and hold the valet button and the starter button at the same time. Hold on to both buttons until your car’s horn chirps again. Then you can let go of the controls.
- Hold the viper remote in your hands when your alarm goes off and point it towards your car.
- Before pressing the lock button on your key, wait about six seconds. This will help you reset your car’s alarm without disarming it.
- The first thing you do is unplug your brain from the harness.
- You need to turn on the car ignition before you plug in the brain. This will help you turn off and back on your alarm system and reset your viper alarm.
- First, find out the model number of your viper alarm.
- Open the official website of viper alarm. Then search for the owner’s and installer’s manual of your viper’s model, and download them on your computer.
- Next, what you need to do is Synchronize the remote. You will find the detailed instruction guide in those manual guides.
- Do not press any other buttons while doing the above step.
If that doesn’t work, try reprogramming your viper remote. Following are the steps you can use to reprogram your viper remote.
How to Reprogram Viper Remote?
Following are the steps for reprogramming your viper remote for your vehicle. This method is helpful whether you have a new or old remote.
- Enter in your car and leave the door open for as long as you are inside your vehicle.
- Turn/rotate the key to the ON position once the key is inserted into the ignition. Do not attempt to start the engine.
- Please search for a car alarm transmitter in your car, press it seven times continuously, and press and hold the button on the 8th time.
- Once you hear the beep sound, you can press the lock button on your remote to reprogram it.
If you don’t hear a beep sound, try the 3rd and 4th steps again.
Replacement Of Viper Remote
Viper has made a lot of remote controls over the years, some of which may appear similar but are not the same. So if you are looking for a new viper remote for your car, you need to check your Viper Remote Part Number (RPN). It will help you to find the perfect match remote for your vehicle.
Here to troubleshoot the viper alarm remote?
Below are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot your viper remote.
Check the battery
The first thing you will need to do is make sure that your viper alarm remote has a working battery. You can use an old toothbrush or back scratcher to help you remove the back cover of your remote control. Once you have removed the cover, check how much juice is left in your Viper Alarm remote. You can do this by holding your remote up to the light, and you should be able to see how much battery is left. If there’s no juice left in your remote, then buy new batteries because they are cheap. If it has enough juice, then congratulations, you’ve solved that problem!
Check the Signal
If the battery is good in your Viper Alarm remote, then you can move on to try to check how well your remote signal is. First, you will need to turn off your car alarm and remove the fob from its metal clip. Next, press any button on the remote control (use an old toothbrush or back scratcher again). You should see the alarm light up how it usually does if your Viper Alarm remote is working correctly. If this doesn’t work, then you may have a faulty key fob.
If your car alarm works how it’s supposed to when you press any button on the remote, then congratulations, you’ve solved how to reset the viper alarm.
Check the toggle switch
On the alarm, press the unlock button on your key fob to turn off the Viper Alarm, then press it again to see if that turns it back on. If activating the toggle switch does not turn Viper Alarm off, then you may need to replace the battery.
The instructions above should help you reset Viper Alarm. However, if they do not work, it is time to contact a professional automotive repair shop for assistance. They will be able to walk you through the process of getting your car alarm back on track!