How to change Wi-Fi on the Nest thermostat?
To change Wi-Fi on your Nest thermostat, you need to use the Google Home app and the Nest display and then follow a quick guide that would only take a couple of seconds.
Here are the steps to change Wi-Fi on the Nest thermostat:
- Firstly, head to the Nest app, click the Settings and select Remove.
- Next, go to the Nest display and select Settings, then Accounts, and finally, click on Disconnect.
- Now, head to the Nest app once again, and click on the + icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- There, select the option Set Up A Nest Product.
- Scan the QR code on the Nest thermostat base and select Get started > Already installed options on the app. This will enable you to skip the installation steps and thus directly move to the connectivity options for the Wi-Fi.
- To connect your desired Wi-Fi network, open the Quick View menu by pressing the thermostat’s ring.
- Then select the Setting icon and Network there as you’ll see some available networks.
- Enter the correct password and click on Done to complete the steps.
You’ll first disconnect your old Wi-Fi network in the above steps and then update a new one. These steps may seem lengthy, but they’ll hardly take a few minutes to follow them.
How to connect the Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi?
So, if you have recently purchased a new thermostat and don’t know how to connect it to Wi-Fi, you surely don’t need to worry.
Below are the steps to connect the Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi:
- Firstly, press the Nest thermostat ring to head to the Quick View menu.
- Next, select the icon Settings and then the option Network. You may now see a list of Networks available, however, note that this step may take a few minutes.
- Now, click on the desired Network to which you want to connect your Nest thermostat.
- Enter the password by using the outer ring.
- Finally, select Done to complete the steps.
How to change the Wi-Fi password on the Nest thermostat?
Below are the steps to change the Wi-Fi password on your Nest thermostat:
- Firstly, head to the Google Home App.
- Now tap on the option Wi-Fi and then on Show password.
- Tap on Edit Password.
- Change your password. Note that the password should be within 8 to 63 characters with no spacings or special characters.
- Lastly, tap on Save to save the changes you made.
- How to fix the nest not connecting to wi-fi
- What are the causes for Nest not connecting to app
- Does nest thermostat work if wi-fi goes out
Connecting the Nest thermostat to Wi-Fi allows you to utilize some of the extra yet super useful features without any hurdle. Note that the best thing is you may easily control your thermostat using your smartphones or tablets. So, what are you waiting for?
Read this blog to learn how to connect your Nest to Wi-Fi or change your Wi-Fi Network using simple steps in no time. Then, for any query, comment below for further assistance.