How to control the temperature using the app?
Using the app to control any system’s feature has always been super convenient. Similarly, controlling the temperature on your Nest thermostat is very straightforward using the app.
You must go to the Nest app, choose your device, and set the temperature per need. To set the temperature, you may simply tap the arrows to increase or decrease it. Or you may drag the circle to the desired temperature.
How to control the temperature manually?
Controlling the temperature on the Nest thermostat manually is pretty easy. You only need to turn your thermostat’s ring around its perimeter to the desired temperature.
However, note that turning it to the right would increase the temperature while turning to the left would lower it. So, just inspect the options carefully and follow them accordingly.
How to change from heating to cooling mode using the app?
Below are the steps to change your thermostat from heating to cooling mode using the app:
- Firstly, open up the Nest app.
- Next, tap the Heat icon present at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- You’ll see a menu of modes, so tap on the desired one, such that air conditioning to set the cooling mode.
How to change from heating to cooling mode manually?
Below are the steps to change your thermostat from heating to cooling mode manually:
- Press the ring around your Nest thermostat to bring different Nest functions around the perimeter of the center screen.
- Now turn the ring to the heating and air conditioning icon and press the ring.
- Now turn it to the desired mode and press it to set the function.
How to schedule temperatures using the Nest app?
Here are the steps to schedule temperatures using the Nest app:
- Firstly, head to the Nest app and select your Nest thermostat.
- Now, tap the Schedule button present at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, opt for the day you want to schedule the temperature change.
- Now, hit the Add button at the bottom right corner to add the change.
- Further, tap the screen at the desired time and temperature you want to set. Note that you may change the time by dragging them up or down and right or left for temperature.
Later, if you want to remove the Settings, you may simply press the Remove button present at the right corner on the bottom of your screen.
How to schedule temperatures manually?
Here are the steps to schedule temperatures manually:
- Firstly, bring up the Nest functions by pressing the ring button.
- Now turn the ring to the Scheduling mode or the calendar icon and press the ring to select it.
- Now scroll to the time of the day when you want to set up the desired.
- Further, press the ring and select the New button to generate the changes you made.
- Lastly, scroll to the temperature you want to opt for and press the ring to set your desired settings.
How to find the Settings option on your Nest thermostat?
Sometimes, it may be difficult to locate the Settings option, especially when you have recently bought the Nest thermostat.
Here are the steps to find the Settings option on your Nest thermostat:
- Press the ring on your Nest thermostat and scroll to the gear icon.
- Now press the ring again and scroll through the different settings until you find you desired one.
- Why is my nest thermostat not connecting to the app
- How to end the Nest thermostat to hold temperature
- Why is my Nest thermostat not heating
Nest thermostat has always been a blessing in terms of saving energy and money. You may set it up according to your needs for the desired results. You may do so either through the Nest app or manually. Both ways are pretty simple; you just need to follow some straightforward steps.
Walk through this article to learn how to program your Nest thermostat in terms of controlling its temperature, scheduling it, and changing its mode, typically from heating to cooling.