How to reset Hikvision camera?
There are two ways to reset your Hikvision camera, either with or without using the reset button. You may opt for any of the methods depending upon your convenience.
Here are the steps to reset your Hikvision camera to the default settings:
- Firstly, locate the reset button present on your Hikvision camera.
- Next, turn the power down off your camera by disconnecting the PoE cable or the camera power supply cable.
- Now press and hold the reset button.
- Later, turn the power up again for your camera.
- Keep pressing the power button again for 20 seconds.
- Lastly, release the reset button.
After resetting your Hikvision camera, you need to set it up again using the SADP tool, as you would have deleted all your previous configurations after the reset, including the IP address.
The reset button on your Hikvision camera is simply a pushdown-type button that you can easily find on your camera. It’s mostly present near the memory card slot, so locate it and press it down after turning off the power of your camera to reset it in no time.
Resetting your Hikvision IP camera without the reset button is done through the Web browser. You simply need to use your Web browser to open your camera and set it to the default settings. Note that this method is useful when you don’t have access to the camera.
Here are the steps to reset your Hikvision IP camera using the Web browser:
- Firstly, open the web browser and type in the IP address on the URL bar.
- Next, access it using your username and
- Now head to Maintenance, then Configuration. Select Default or Restore.
Selecting the Restore option will set your camera’s parameters to default settings except for the IP address. However, by selecting the Default option, all the settings will go on the default settings, including the IP address.
After resetting your IP camera, update it to the latest firmware available at the manufacturer’s website for better results. Moreover, the previous version is pretty easy to get hacked.
Suppose you have lost the password to your Hikvision camera or forgotten it—no need to worry anymore as we’re here to your rescue. You can simply reset the password, which would erase the previous one and help you set the default one for your ease.
So, read this blog to learn how to reset the password of your Hikvision camera. You may do so with or without using the reset button near your camera’s memory card slot. Note that the latter option works using the Web browser, especially when you don’t have access to your camera.