About Hikvision SADP Tool
Hikvision SADP (Search Active Device Protocol) tool is a free tool that enables its users to find the IP addresses of the Hikvision devices on the same local network. These devices include an IP camera, DVR, NVR, and all others manufactured by Hikvision.
Moreover, it also enables users to reset the forgotten password for free in no time. Also, the users may utilize the newly added GUID Mode and Security Question Mode in the best possible way. It’s an excellent tool to activate and troubleshoot Hikvision network devices too.
- It’s super easy to use.
- You can recover the forgotten password easily.
- It consumes low RAM.
- You can export several devices at the same time.
- It can change IP addresses in bulk.
- You can find all the Hikvision devices in the local network irrespective of their IP scheme.
- You cannot change the passwords of the devices.
- You cannot change the MAC addresses of the devices.
Features of the Hikvision SADP tool
Below are the main features of the Hikvision SADP tool:
- SADP is a simple tool enabling you to find all the Hikvision devices on the local network.
- It enables users to find the IP addresses of the devices.
- It uses the MAC addresses to look for the devices by scanning your network. Not all devices have their MAC addresses for their identity.
- It helps in changing the IP addresses of the devices.
- It also enables users to change the password of the devices.
- Users can see many active devices on the network.
- Users may also see inactive devices.
- Users can easily configure the IP camera.
- Configuration of the Hik-camera is pretty simple on it too.
- Users may recover the forgotten password very easily but cannot change it.
- Users can change the port number of the devices too.
Download Hikvision SADP tool
Here are the links to download the Hikvision SADP tool:
How to install & use it?
To use the Hikvision SADP tool, you first need to download the setup file, which is usually in zip format. Then unzip the setup to open it and enable the installation procedure.
Here are the steps to install the SADP tool:
- As mentioned earlier, firstly, unzip the setup file after downloading.
- Next, click the Allow access button to give permission to the opened window.
- A new screen will appear, select the language and click on the Next button.
- Further, a new screen will appear; click on Next here too.
- Now click the Install button to initiate the installation procedure on your computer.
- Search for the icon and double-click on it to finish the setup.
- You’ll now see the list of all the active and inactive devices on your network.
To use the Hikvision SADP tool
You can use the Hikvision SADP tool to change the IP addresses of the devices listed in the SADP tool.
To do so, you just need to click on the device, which will show all the information in the right pane. Make changes and then save the settings.
Now, to save the settings, disable the DHCP option and edit the IP address and the port number you want. The default IP address of Hikvision is “220.127.116.11/192.168.1.64“. Then enter the admin password for it to complete the steps. Note that the default password of the Hikvision device is 12345.
Activate Hikvision camera using SADP Tool
The SADP tool has multiple features for you, most importantly enabling its users to find all the Hikvision devices in the local network and recover the forgotten password of the devices. Furthermore, this super easy tool is free and available online. You just need to download its setup file, unzip it and enable it to install it.
Ride through this article to learn about the Hikvision SADP tool. Such as how to download, and install it, its features, its pros &cons, and much more.