How to connect Nest to Alexa?
Below are the steps to connect Nest to Alexa:
- Firstly, head to the Amazon Alexa App on your phone.
- Next, look for the Browse skill icon on your app and select it.
- Now search Google Nest on the search bar present at the top right corner.
- You’ll now see the results of your search. Select the Google Nest skill out of it and tap on Enable to use button.
- Soon another window will open up. There log into your Nest account by entering your user name and password. You’ll have to link your Nest account to Alexa later.
- Now enable the option Turn on the access to your home’s information. This will allow your Alexa to find and control your Nest device.
- A list of devices will appear that you may control through Alexa. Select the desired one and tap the Next
- After selecting the devices, choose the account you want to use.
- Now tap on the Allow button and then tap the option Close.
- On your Alexa app, only select the option Discover devices. This will help you locate all the Nest thermostats you have at home.
- A list of devices will appear from which to choose your Nest thermostat, and you’ll be able to control your thermostat with Alexa.
Nest thermostat commands for Alexa
Here are the Nest thermostat commands you may use for Alexa:
- Alexa, what’s the temperature in the house?
- Alexa, what’s the temperature in [thermostat name]?
- Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?
- Alexa, what temperature is my [thermostat name] set to?
- Alexa, increase the “thermostat name” by ___ degrees.
- Alexa, decrease the “thermostat name” temperature.
- Alexa, change the [thermostat name] to _ degrees.
- Alexa set the [thermostat name] temperature to _ degrees.
- Alexa, turn my [thermostat name] temperature to _ degree.
- Alexa, make my [thermostat name] warmer by _ degrees.
- Alexa, increase the [thermostat name] by _ degrees.
How to set up a new owner account on Nest Thermostat
The nest thermostat works really well with Alexa. You may easily set or check the temperature in your house with simple commands. This will surely support your comfort and will work best for you. Therefore, for this, you just need to connect both devices using the Alexa app.
Simply ride through the easiest steps to enable your Nest thermostat to work with Alexa using this step-by-step guide. You shall also find a few common commands you may use for your Alexa to function.