Why is my Vivint doorbell camera offline?
Network error or problem with your Wi-Fi connection is the major cause for your Vivint doorbell camera to show offline without any obvious reason.
Here are the causes for your Vivint doorbell camera offline:
- Power issues within the camera can make your camera stay offline without enabling you to connect. This merely happens due to low-powered batteries that you can replace easily.
- Issue within the router may also give the possibility of connection error resulting in the router shutting off, thus showing your camera to stay offline.
- Error or glitches within the Vivint App may also interrupt the connection between the Wi-Fi and the doorbell camera.
- The Wi-Fi or the password issue due to an incorrect setup process to the connection may also make your Vivint doorbell camera stay offline for an unlimited time.
- Lastly, problems within the panel or the hub may also disrupt your connection, ultimately causing your Vivint doorbell camera to turn offline.
How to fix Vivint’s doorbell camera not working?
There are many hacks to fix the Vivint doorbell camera not working or showing an offline tag. However, you must first rule out the main cause behind it and then fix it accordingly. Also, you may even follow a step-by-step guide until the problem gets resolved.
Here are the hacks to fix Vivint’s doorbell camera not working:
1. Fix the power issue
As you know, the Vivint doorbell needs the power to function. Therefore, any disruption may create a hurdle for your system to work well.
So, simply ensure that your doorbell camera is receiving sufficient power. You can do this by checking the doorbell light ring. If it’s illuminating, then power is fine. However, if it doesn’t, you have found the main culprit, and thus you need to fix it soon.
To fix it, first head to the breaker box and see if the switch is tripped. If yes, flip it back on. If not, check the chime box and ensure all the wires are properly twisted together, and no wire is exposed. The exposed wires can get in contact with other metals and thus create numerous problems for you.
In addition, another possibility is the wiring issue. So, open the backplate of your doorbell using a T5 screwdriver and ensure all connections are fine.
2. Restart your doorbell camera
Suppose the main cause is not behind the power issue, head to this hack, as it sometimes works as a miracle. You just need to restart your doorbell camera, which works as a quick reboot, thus fixing several issues in no time.
Here are the steps to restart your doorbell camera:
- Firstly, press the doorbell camera button for around 15 seconds until you see the ring turning yellow. Note that the ring may show different colors, but you need to release the button when you see the clear solid yellow light.
- Wait for a few seconds after you release the button. Your ring will turn solid white this time. This will thus show that the restart or reboot is now complete.
If the above steps don’t help, try rebooting your doorbell using the panel. Below are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, disarm your Vivint device.
- Next, tap on the Menu symbol present at the bottom right corner of your Home screen.
- Now, tap on Devices present under the Smart Home Settings and insert the pin.
- Further, tap on the camera you want to restart or reboot.
- Lastly, tap Reboot Camera at the bottom of the page and then at Yes. Now, leave it for a few minutes until the reboot gets completed.
3. Try restarting your router
Another hack is to restart your router, which can fix the internet issue in no time. This works as a quick refresh for your router, enabling it to work well for you.
In addition, ensure your internet is working well or not. So, try a speed test and determine the status of the internet. Call your ISP for further assistance if the status shows no internet.
4. Upgrade or reinstall the Vivint app
Upgrading or reinstalling the Vivint app fixes the offline issue, as all the errors or glitches may disappear in no time.
Here are the steps to reinstall the Vivint app:
- Access the Storage manager on your smartphone.
- Now access the app section.
- Next, search for the Vivint application among the other apps.
- Use the function buttons to delete it.
- Now head to the App Store or Google Play on your phone and download the Vivint app
- Lastly, run a test to ensure your Vivint doorbell is working now.
5. Try resetting your Vivint app
One more hack is to reset your Vivint app. Below are the steps to reset your Vivint app:
- Head to your account and click on Forgot Password.
- Now, enter your email address.
- Click on OK.
- You’ll later receive an email to reset your password.
- Lastly, visit the site vivint.com to log in again using your new password.
6. Contact the customer support team
Lastly, if none of the above hacks helped you, please contact the Vivint customer support team. They’ll assist you in the best possible way.
They’ll either guide you on call by helping you recognize the main problem or send a team to inspect the system themselves. In any way, your Vivint doorbell camera will start working, and the issue behind it being offline will be resolved.
Frequently Asked Question
Why does my Vivint camera keep going offline?
No power or router issues are the main cause for your Vivint camera to keep going offline. Moreover, the problem within the hub, the Vivint app issue, and the incorrect setup issue may also result in such a situation.
Your Vivint doorbell camera turning offline all of a sudden can surely be super annoying. There are numerous causes, most importantly, no power or router issue. In any case, you can easily fix them using a simple guide.
Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to offline fix the Vivint doorbell camera. We have listed all the major causes of this problem to help you understand it more efficiently.