What cameras work with Vivint?
Only a few cameras are compatible with Vivint; therefore, you may only add them to the Vivint. Also, note that using just the Vivint-brand cameras is important, as the third-party cameras will not work for your Vivint security system.
Here are the cameras compatible with Vivint:
1. Vivint doorbell camera
The Vivint doorbell camera may enable you to see, hear, and talk with anyone at your main door. It doesn’t matter whether you’re at home or not. It will help you monitor your front door activities anytime and from anywhere.
In addition, it can also work with your current smart lock to improve the security condition.
2. Vivint Ping Indoor Camera
The Vivint Ping Indoor camera may enable you to have two-way communication with your family members inside with a single touch. So, it’s an HD indoor camera with a built-in microphone for two-way audio links using one-touch callouts.
3. Vivint Outdoor mounted camera
The Vivint Outdoor mounted camera is a waterproof, high-definition camera that may enable 24/7 video recording even at night. Its infrared night vision makes it possible. As the name suggests, it’s for outdoor 360-degree coverage.
Can you add other devices to your Vivint?
Yes, you can easily add other devices to your Vivint. These may include Amazon, Nest, Echo, Z-wave devices, and Google Home without any hurdle.
These devices may easily enhance your home’s security by controlling the lighting, locks, thermostat, and other important devices.
However, note for cameras, you can only use the Vivint-based ones as Vivint doesn’t support third-party cameras at any cost. But for other equipment, Vivint may cooperate well and thus may do wonders for you.
How many cameras can you add to your Vivint?
You may add up to 4 security cameras to your Vivint, including the doorbell and outdoor and indoor cameras.
However, note that you cannot use these cameras until you purchase the additional service for them. So, if you’re up for buying the cameras, check out the details for other services before heading to the equipment shop.
Moreover, do you know that you just need to pay $5 per month for each camera to avail of the Vivint video professional monitoring service?
How to add a device to your Vivint?
Adding a device to your Vivint is easy, as you just need to connect it by following simple steps.
Here’s a guide to adding a device to your Vivint:
- Firstly, press the Home button on your Vivint security system’s touchscreen panel.
- Next, select Services.
- Now tap on the Wrench icon.
- Further, enter your secret 4- digit pin.
- Tap on Add Devices and choose the device you want to add. It could be a thermostat, door lock, or lighting.
- So, if you’re adding a door lock, remove the back cover of your smart lock and press the white button twice, present at the top left. However, if you’re adding a smart thermostat, press the Menu button and select the Mate button 2 or 3 times.
- Now confirm that the Vivint screen is displaying the details of the devices you’re adding but first press the Home button on your Vivint’s panel to return to the home screen panel.
- Lastly, if you see your device displayed, tap the Back button and return to the home screen, as your device has now been added.
Note that if you still don’t see the device displayed on the screen, start the Mate process all over again. This will take 2-5 minutes to connect to the new device.
In conclusion, note that there are only a few types of cameras that you may connect to your Vivint. Moreover, you may add up to 4 cameras to Vivint, but first, you need to purchase an additional service. Also, to avail of the Vivint video professional monitoring service, you just have to pay a $5 fee each month.
Ride through this blog to learn about all the cameras that can work with Vivint. Also, we have listed the steps to connect other devices with your Vivint for ease.