How to reset the ADT glass break sensor?
Resetting your ADT glass break sensor is not just essential when it malfunctions. You may need to opt for it whenever it actually rings due to real break-ins.
Here are the steps to reset your ADT glass break sensor:
- Firstly, press the small button at the top of your ADT glass break sensor. This will pop the back of your sensor, enabling you to see its battery.
- Next, press the small button present under your battery Note you need to push it until the red flash appears. This will indicate that your system has been reset.
- Lastly, cover the back of your device and attach it to the wall.
Note that you may only follow the steps mentioned above if you have bought your ADT glass sensor within the last five months. Also, the procedure may differ with different models and versions of the ADT glass break sensors.
What are the indicators for resetting your ADT glass break sensor?
The main indicator for resetting your ADT glass break sensor is when you cannot eliminate problems even by opting for troubleshooting hacks.
Here are the indicators for resetting your ADT glass break sensor:
1. Incorrect sensitivity levels
All ADT glass break sensors have sensitivity levels ranging from lowest, low, medium, to high. This is because they detect and interpret the different sounds as a break-in. For example, if a car horns, or a dog bark, the sensor will sense this sound and activate itself. Therefore, it’s really essential to set the sensitivity levels for which the detector should pick up noise.
You may directly change the settings on your app. However, if you cannot do so, feel free to contact the customer care center for their assistance. In both cases, you may need to reset your system to the default settings and adjust the sensitivity levels accordingly.
2. Inaccurate location
It’s really essential to place your ADT glass breaker sensor at the right location. For example, putting it in a very busy area near a child’s room is always bad. This may cause it to get triggered by even the slightest factors. Note that this happens primarily as the sensors pick up the sound within the range of 20 feet.
Therefore, the ideal location to place your ADT glass break sensor is across the window you want to monitor. However, your ADT sensor may not function well if a barrier is a wall, door, or furniture. So, choose the most suitable location and reset your ADT sensor to avoid malfunctions.
3. Low-powered battery
The low-powered battery may also trigger your ADT glass break sensor enabling it to produce a chirping sound as an alert for you. Hence, it’s a pure indicator for you to change your adt glass break sensor battery at the earliest time possible to avoid any mishap.
How to change the battery in the ADT glass break sensor?
To change the battery in your ADT glass break sensor, you must have a 3-volt CR123 battery. However, it may differ depending upon the model of your system. Also, don’t forget to set your system in test mode before changing the battery, as it would help you avoid unnecessary tripping of your sensor.
Here are the steps to change the battery in the ADT glass break sensor:
- Firstly, set your ADT sensor system in the test mode. To do so, head to the ADT website and log in to your account.
- Next, open the cover of your ADT sensor using a flathead screwdriver. The cover may open from below or above, depending upon the model of your sensor.
- Next, remove the old battery and replace them with the new one. Make sure you place it correctly, recognizing the +/- polarity.
- Now, cover back your ADT sensor and tighten the screw.
- Lastly, go back to the ADT website and turn off the test mode to complete the steps.
Resetting your ADT glass break sensor helps you in several ways. The most important include removing all the errors, glitches, and bugs from your system. It also refreshes your system to avoid any malfunctions in the future. To do so, you simply need to press a small button at the back of the battery of your ADT system.
Considering this, we have discussed in detail how to reset the ADT glass break sensor along with some of the most important indicators. Also, we have walked through the process of changing the battery to get rid of the chirping-like sound it produces to alert you.