Can you reset ADT doorbell camera?
Yes, you can reset your ADT doorbell camera by simply pressing and holding the specific buttons assigned for it. There’s another option of power cycling, too, that potentially fixes all the problems associated with your ADT doorbell camera in no time. Power cycling also adds your ADT device back to the ADT Pulse app. So, choose the options that may go well for you.
How to reset your wireless ADT doorbell camera?
Before resetting your device, look for the small button at the back of your camera that you need to press for an ADT doorbell reset.
Here are the steps to reset your ADT doorbell camera:
- Press and hold the small button at the back of your ADT camera for almost 10 seconds. It’s present next to the power port.
- Lastly, wait for 1 to 2 minutes more to let your device power back on.
How to reset your wired ADT doorbell camera?
Resetting your ADT doorbell camera has always been a great idea to deal with all sorts of problems concerning your device.
Here are the steps to reset your wired ADT doorbell camera:
- Press and hold the square button at the back of your ADT doorbell camera for about 15 seconds.
- Next, wait for 1-2 mins until the system power back once again.
Note that you may keep your ADT camera plugged into the power source. This will help you follow the different steps required to reset your device more efficiently.
How to re-enroll your ADT camera in the ADT Pulse App?
After resetting your ADT camera, you’ll lose access to the ADT Pulse App. This happens because resetting deletes all the data from your ADT pulse account. Therefore, it’s necessary to re-enroll your ADT camera back in the ADT Pulse App to restore its prompt functioning.
Here are the steps to re-enroll your ADT camera in the ADT Pulse App:
- Firstly, click on the option Manage devices in your ADT Pulse App.
- Next, look for the option Cameras and click on it too.
- Now select the Add Using WPS
- Then add your camera’s WPS pin into the first box present under the option Instructions. You may find this WPS pin at the back of your ADT camera you’re resetting.
- You’ll then see flashing green and amber-colored lights. Select Continue.
- Now, press and hold the square button present at the back of your ADT camera for about 5 seconds. Note that you must complete the WPS process within 2 minutes; otherwise, it will time out.
- Soon a camera detail screen should appear. Confirm your enrollment. Also, enter a name for your camera set up.
- Lastly, you’ll see a flashing green light which will indicate the completion of the re-enrollment process.
If you notice any problems while following the above mentioned steps, feel free to contact the ADT customer care center.
How to power cycle your ADT camera?
Power cycling your ADT camera is an alternative method to reset your ADT doorbell camera. This method simply disconnects and reconnects power to your device. Moreover, the best thing about it is that you don’t need to re-enroll your ADT camera back in the ADT pulse app, saving time and energy.
Also, ensure your ADT Pulse Gateway or offline camera receives sufficient power. If not, check the cord connection by plugging it into a different outlet. The LED light present on your device indicates if your device is receiving sufficient electricity or not.
Here are the steps to power cycle your ADT camera:
- Firstly, unplug both the ADT Pulse Gateway and the ADT camera.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then plug in both the devices. Try plugging the Gateway first and then the camera.
- Now, check your ADT pulse app to see your camera’s status. Your problem has been solved if it’s online and working properly.
However, if you still find your camera offline and see the problems, get your camera closer to the Gateway and try another power cycle. Then, remove the power supply to your camera and wait for a few minutes, plugging it back.
If you still find similar problems even after resetting or power cycling your ADT doorbell camera, then consult an ADT expert or professional for help. They’ll search out the main cause behind it and assist you accordingly.
Your ADT doorbell camera may show some errors and become unresponsive. In such a case, resetting is the most appropriate option for you. The alternative for resetting is to power cycle your device. For resetting, you may need to re-enroll your ADT camera to the ADT Pulse App but not for the power cycling, saving your time and energy.
In this article, we have discussed how to reset your wireless or wired doorbell camera. Also, we have a walk of the process to power cycle your device in no time. However, suppose none of the techniques help you in any way. Then, feel free to take assistance from the ADT experts.