How to recover deleted Vivint video clips?
You may easily recover deleted Vivint video clips from your Vivint account when deleted from your device. However, if you have deleted them from the account, they can still be available on the External hard drive or the Cloud.
Here are the ways to recover deleted Vivint video clips:
1. From the device
Following a simple guide, you can easily retrieve your deleted Vivint video clips from your device. You just need to log in to your Vivint account and head to its settings, where you’ll find the deleted video.
Here are the steps to restore Vivint deleted video clips from the device:
- Firstly, log into your Vivint account. However, if you don’t have one, create an account at id.vivint.com/idp/login/.
- Next, navigate to the Main menu and tap on Videos and Photos.
- You’ll now see a list of videos and photos. Select the one you want to restore.
- The photo or video will now open in a new tab in the browser.
- Now, on the right-hand side of the window, you’ll see the Delete option under the Storage location option. Click on it.
- Select the video you want to recover in the Delete Video clip dialogue box and select; however, if this dialogue box is not visible, it indicates that the video is protected by the copy law right and thus cannot be recovered.
- To open the video on the new tab or window, simply tap on the link saying View video, which will take you to the server where it would send the video.
2. From External HD
Below are the steps to recover deleted Vivint videos from External HD:
- Firstly, back up your Vivint account info and connect your External HD to your computer.
- Now open Window Explorer and look for the folder where you have saved the video clip.
- Further, right-click the video and select the Open with option from the pop-up menu.
- Now click on Window Media Player from the list and click on OK.
- Click on the Play button once the media player loads the videos to check the video. Click on Pause or Stop to stop it.
- Next, click on the Advanced tab and select Copy as. Copy the field, and paste the path to your Vivint account folder.
3. From the Cloud
Following are the steps to recover deleted videos from the Cloud:
- Firstly, log in to your Vivint Smart Home Cloud account.
- Next, tap on the Menu icon present in the upper left corner of your Home Screen.
- Now, click on Recorded Events from the menu.
- Tap on the three dots symbol at the lower right corner and select the Event Specifics option to get the details of the video.
- Lastly, tap on View Event Video to replay or store it for later viewing.
How do you delete activity on the Vivint app?
You cannot delete or remove activities on the Vivint app. However, you may erase the recordings for which you uninstall the camera and then re-add it.
Here are the steps to delete activity on the Vivant app:
- Uninstalling or destroying the camera: To do so, head to the camera settings on your Vivint app and click on the menu icon. Now, click on the devices in the smart home settings and enter your pin. After clicking on cameras, select the camera you want to delete. Click on delete and then OK to confirm the step.
- Resetting the doorbell camera: Press and hold the doorbell for 25 to 45 seconds until the light rings red. Now, wait for 2 minutes until the doorbell resets, which would be indicated by the green light.
- Reinstalling the device: Click on Add device on your home screen. Now select the Menu icon, then devices, and enter your pin. Now select the doorbell camera and click on connect tab. Once connected, you’ll see the camera present.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you restore deleted Vivint videos?
You can restore deleted Vivint videos on the Vivint Smart security camera. However, it would be best if you do so at the earliest time possible. If you delay it, the videos might get deleted permanently.
2. How long does Vivint store camera clips?
Vivint Smart Drive may store camera clips of all your indoor, outdoor, and doorbell camera for 30 days. This means you may recover any deleted video within 30 days of the deletion.
Deleting your Vivint video clips by mistake may be super annoying for you. However, you’ll be surprised to hear that you may recover them through simple steps. Three ways to do so include using the device, External HD, or the Cloud. In any way, you need to do so within 30 days time period.
Look at this blog to learn how to recover deleted Vivint video clips the easiest way possible. Also, we have discussed how to delete activity on the Vivint app in no time.