What does bypass mean on alarm system?
Bypass is an excellent feature present on your ADT alarm system. It enables you to select devices that should remain inactive whenever your alarm system is active. This happens through a very innovative phenomenon. When you bypass devices on the ADT system, they simply ignore the signals responsible for the alarm activation.
Suppose you bypass the window sensor. In that case, it will enable your windows to open as soon you arm your ADT alarm system without causing your alarm to activate when you’re away from it.
However, note that this bypass feature on your control panel limits the security your ADT system may provide and thus may create some serious problems for you. Therefore, we suggest you opt for this feature whenever it’s vital; otherwise, there is no need to go for it.
In addition, note that you cannot bypass some devices, for example, the smoke or carbon monoxide detector. This is because it would be super dangerous and life-threatening if these sensors remained inactive.
How to bypass ADT alarm system?
Here are the steps to bypass the ADT alarm system:
- Firstly, press the Bypass button present on the system panel.
- Next, enter your security code.
- Now, locate the sensor you want to bypass by scrolling through carefully.
- Lastly, press OK, and you’re all set to the sensor.
However, keep in mind that the process of bypassing your ADT alarm differs for different control panels depending upon their models. So, before going for these steps, check the company’s guidelines.
How to permanently bypass ADT alarm zone?
Below are the steps you need to follow to bypass the ADT alarm zone permanently:
- Firstly, press * to enter the function menu.
- Next, click on press for zone bypass displayed by your keyboard.
- Now, press 1 or * to enter bypass mode.
- Select the zone bypass and enter the access code if required.
- Lastly, enter the zone number (01-64) depending upon the system you want to bypass.
Some benefits of using the ADT alarm bypass
Various reasons support the usage of ADT alarm bypass for your benefit. Let’s discuss them to help you have a clear idea about them:
- This extraordinary feature may go really well for your convenience if you have a malfunctioning sensor.
- Bypassing the motion sensor may enable you to avoid any sort of false activation in the house like your own movement, movements of your pets, etc.
- Bypassing the windows sensor is pretty pleasant if the weather is really pretty outside.
Bypassing your ADT alarm means that they simply ignore the signals responsible for the alarm activation. You may bypass many devices such as the motion sensor or the door and window sensors. However, the smoke detector is exceptional.
So, in this article we have discussed how to bypass or permanently bypass your ADT alarm along with some of its benefits.