How to change WiFi on Ring doorbell?
While reconnecting to a new Wi-Fi system for your Ring doorbell or camera, you need to be patient, as it would take a few minutes to establish a connection between your system and the Wi-Fi. However, if you face any issues, feel free to contact the Ring support center or simply visit their website.
Here are the steps to alter WiFi on the Ring doorbell:
1. Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is working
The first thing you need to do while changing the Wi-Fi is to ensure your Wi-Fi connection is working. To do so, you must provide the connection is reliable enough for your Ring doorbell.
In addition, ensure that you have inserted the correct password. An incorrect password would create hurdles for you in the process. After doing so, reset your device’s settings by heading to Reboot Device from the menu option.
Note that there are two ways to reset your device.
- Reset All Settings: This option will make all your settings return to the factory default. Moreover, you’ll be able to add and set up your account.
- Reset Settings: Unlike the previous one, by this option, you can choose your Wi-Fi by the 2-stage reboot facility.
2. Put your Ring doorbell into the set-up mode
After ensuring the stability of your Wi-Fi, the next step is to put your Ring doorbell in the set-up mode. This needs to be done before connecting your device to another Wi-Fi connection.
For the ring video doorbell:
Here are the steps to put your ring doorbell into the set-up mode:
- Firstly, take off the mounting bracket.
- Now, press the orange button at the back of your doorbell once.
- You’ll see a white spinning light flashing before the device, indicating the steps’ completion.
For the Ring doorbell 2,3,3 plus and elite:
Here are the steps to put your Ring Doorbell 2,3,3 Plus and Elite into the set-up mode:
- Firstly, take off the faceplate from the Ring doorbell.
- Next, press the black button present on the front side of your device.
- You’ll see a white spinning light flashing in front of the device, indicating the steps’ completion.
How to connect Ring to new Wi-Fi?
Here are the steps to connect your Ring doorbell to a new Wi-Fi:
- Firstly, download the Ring app.
- Next, press the three-line icon present at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, select Devices.
- Further, choose Ring doorbell and select Device Health.
- Press the option Change the Wi-Fi Network and follow the instructions on your screen to activate your doorbell.
- Select your new Wi-Fi network.
- Lastly, enter your Network’s password and click on Continue.
Ensuring the right frequency
Internet routers have two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The 2.4 GHz frequency has a more extended range than the 5 GHz. However, it’s much slower than the 5GHz one.
Moreover, both frequencies are listed as separate networks when opting for your Wi-Fi network for your Ring doorbell.
Ring doorbell 2, 3, 3 plus, elite, and pro frequency 2.4 GHz is considered the most suitable for the Ring video doorbell.
1. How to change Ring doorbell Wi-Fi without removing it?
Firstly, select the Ring doorbell you want to reconnect to the Wi-Fi. Next, head to the Device Dashboard and tap on Device Health. Lastly, tap on Change Wi-Fi Network or Reconnect to the Wi-Fi.
2. How to connect Ring to new Wi-Fi?
Here are the steps to connect Ring to new Wi-Fi:
- Firstly, tap on the menu with three lines present at the top left corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on Devices and select the doorbell you want to reconnect to the Wi-Fi.
- Now you’ll see the Device Dashboard and tap on Device Health.
- Lastly, tap on Change Wi-Fi Network or Reconnect to Wi-Fi.
3. Why am I unable to change the Wi-Fi on my Ring?
Being a Shared User, you cannot change the Wi-Fi on Ring. It’s essential to be the owner of the Ring camera to do so. Moreover, ensure you have the latest version of the Ring app installed and the VPNs are turned off.
4. What to do if Ring Doorbell loses Wi-Fi connection?
In most cases, your Ring Doorbell will automatically reconnect to the Wi-Fi as soon as all the circumstances that cause the disconnection are cleared up.
5. How to change the WiFi password on the Ring doorbell?
Here are the steps to change the Wi-Fi password on the Ring doorbell:
- Download the Ring app and head to the three-line button in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Choose the Account option and select New password.
- First, type in the current password in the box and then the new password.
- Lastly, confirm the new password.
In conclusion, following a quick guide can easily change your Wi-Fi. However, ensure you have a stable Wi-Fi connection, and the Network is compatible with your device. Then put your Ring doorbell into the set-up mode before heading further.
So, take a ride through this blog to understand how to change your Wi-Fi for your Ring camera. We have also answered some of the frequently asked questions for your help.