Can you add user to the ADT app?
Yes, you can add multiple users to your ADT App. You might have noticed that not all Apps work well with various users controlling the device. However, with the ADT app, there is no limitation, and you may include as many users as you want without any hurdle. Moreover, you may even remove the users quickly and easily when they don’t need access anymore.
How to add user to ADT control app?
You may opt to add a user to the ADT control App in two ways. You may choose any of them depending upon your suitability. These include:
- Through ADT app
- Through ADT control panel
Adding Users through the ADT app
Here are the steps to add users through the ADT app:
- Firstly, head to the ADT app.
- Next, click on the button with three horizontal lines present in the top left corner of your App.
- Next, scroll down and click on the option ‘Users.’
- Now, click on the Plus button present in the upper right corner of your App.
- Further, type in the new user’s name and select the option ‘Create.’
- Now, set a pin for the new user and choose the access you would like to give to the user. You may even select the specific days and times for the user to access your home.
- Lastly, save the changes you made.
Adding Users through the ADT control portal
Here are the steps to add users through the ADT control portal:
- Firstly, open the ADT Control Panel by heading to https://portal.adtpulse.com and log in to your account.
- Next, click on the option Add User present at the top right corner.
- Next, enter the user’s name and click the option Add to type in the user’s contact information.
- Further, add the new access code for the user. You may even set the days and times when the user may access your home.
- Lastly, save the changes you made.
How to create a new login for ADT users?
To create a new login for ADT users, you’ll need the ADT control Portal, not the App.
Here are the steps to create a new login for ADT users:
- The first and most important step is navigating to the ADT Control Panel, as you’ll be using it in the procedure instead of the App.
- Next, select the option Users present on the left corner of the page.
- Next, look for the option Manage Logins and click on Add a Login.
- Now fill in all the user’s details, such as email and other contact details.
- Lastly, hit on the option Save to finish the process. Note that now the user will receive an email to complete their setting up details.
- The new screen will soon appear, enabling you to select the specific type of access you want to allow for the new user.
- Hit the button Save to enable your new user to have access in no time.
Devices that users can control in the ADT app
ADT Control app permits you to control your smart home security devices anywhere you are through your mobile devices.
Below are the devices users can control in the ADT app:
- Video doorbell
- Smoke alarms
- Smart plugs
- Smart lights
- Smart Door locks
- Security camera
- Garage door opener
- Flood sensors
- Carbon monoxide detectors
How to remove users from your ADT?
Removing the users from your ADT will terminate their access in no time.
Here are the steps to remove users from your ADT app:
- Firstly, navigate your ADT app.
- Next, click on the button with three horizontal lines present at the top left corner of the App.
- Next, scroll down and select the option Users.
- Now click on the user you would like to remove.
- Finally, click on Delete user to confirm the deletion.
Here are the steps to remove users from your ADT Control Portal:
- Firstly, navigate the Users list on your ADT Control Portal.
- Next, click on the Trash icon on the right of the users you want to remove.
- Lastly, confirm the deletion process by clicking the option Delete User.
How to remove ADT user login?
It’s also possible that you may keep the users but remove their user login.
Here are the steps to remove the ADT user login:
- Search ADT Control Panel.
- Then select the option Users present on the left side of the page.
- Now look for the option Manage Logins.
- Once you’re done, select the Trash can button next to each user you want to remove.
- Lastly, confirm the step to remove the users in no time.
ADT has been a great tool for security for a long time. Being super customer-friendly, its ADT control app allows multiple users to access it. Therefore, you may now grant access to your home to as many people as you want without any hurdle.
Keeping all this in mind, we have discussed how to add users to ADT control through the ADT app and ADT control panel. We have also poured some light on creating a new login for the ADT users and removing the users when you no longer want to share the access using the ADT app and ADT control panel.