Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ 5 (1880-1887) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station 5 (1880-1887)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




No picture author data

 
 

1301 Washington Avenue South

 

Station has been razed

  • January 1, 1880 Opened with Hose 5 in new Station G
  • December, 1880 Ladder 3 now in service
  • January 12, 1891 Department was reorganized, and became MFD Station 5
  • March, 1887 Closed when new Station 5 opened

 



Photo source: Unknown

Hose 5,  1882 Fire Extinguisher Mfg. Hose Carriage #190  



Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1885 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 1, Sheet 8a
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet  
 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Oct-19 15:41:23
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --