New - Roving Reporter Trip 15 to Florida March 2013

Questions or comments about or to our Roving Reporter regarding his series of reports

New - Roving Reporter Trip 15 to Florida March 2013

Postby eatc7402 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 am

Our illustrious Roving Reporter has just completed his latest trip #15
From Minneapolis to Florida and points in between

See it here...

http://www.extraalarm.org/Roving_trips/roving_15/roving15_open.php

Enjoy!

eatc7402
eatc7402
Site Admin

Re: New - Roving Reporter Trip 15 to Florida March 2013

Postby HosePuller » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31 pm

So, were you able to get your bills paid on time after the Post Office snafu? :P
HosePuller

Re: New - Roving Reporter Trip 15 to Florida March 2013

Postby firebuff55407 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am

I was able to keep all of my bill payments up to date and on time. I went to a local Verizon store and paid off my cell phone bill there. I called the two credit card companies that I knew were due before my return home and got the billing amounts that were due, got the address to mail them to, and mailed in the payments from Venice, FL. Luckily, these were the only three that I knew were due before my return.

When I got back home early (three days before my intended return), my house mail box was packed full of mail. Luckily, its a drop through box that goes into a box into my home. After it was full, the postman must have held my mail at the post office (from that point on). I had one other bill that was due in three days time and I mailed that one in immediately. In the end, everything worked out OK- no thanks to the Postal Service.

I let my local post office know how disappointed I was with them when I picked up my mail. When I turned in my forwarding notice, they didn't inform me of any possible problems. When I picked up my mail and explained the problems to them, I was told that the Post Office takes up to a week to prepare for forwarding of your mail and that they won't forward mail for anything less than two weeks time. Now they inform me of that!
firebuff55407

Return to The Roving Reporter